I’m a Web/Front-End Developer and Sysadmin with a strong background in Digital Security. I launched my first website in 1997 and have been working with computers ever since. I’m a free software advocate and GNU/Linux user, but most people know me as the friendly neighborhood geek. I am a proud resident of New Haven, Connecticut, where I live with my phenomenal wife on our growing urban homestead.
I hold an M.A.Ed. in Educational Technology and a B.A. in Interactive Digital Media from the University of Connecticut.
I’m the Assistant Director for Technology at Yale Office of International Students & Scholars. My duties there are broad, but my focus is Web Development. I’m an affiliate of the Information Society Project at Yale Law School, where my focus is digital security. I’m also a board member of MakeHaven, a local non-profit makerspace.
Some things I’m working on:
- A Digital Security handbook titled Citizen FOSS to supplement my workshops and lectures.
- I’m teaching a reading group at Yale Law School in Spring 2017, around the same topics.
- An Angular.js Web application that ties together various office productivity plugins into a groupware portal.
- Since starting at Yale in January 2013, I’ve utilized free software for a variety of projects and fixes (e.g. XMPP, GIMP, Inkscape, PDFtk, Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu).
- I’m also an avid homebrewer and love to learn about beer.
To check out my work as a developer, take a look at my portfolio. Browse some of my educational projects and writing samples, below.
A Digital Security handbook / presentation
Commons Management Systems
Conference submission (PDF file)
Digital Security for Lawyers
Project proposal (PDF file)
Implementing New Technologies in the Classroom
Paper on tech implementation (PDF file)
An example of grassroots software education
My skillset, work experience, and education (PDF file)
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- PGP – 4096R/03C4314C | Fingerprint: 2334 F95E 580C 5130 FCAB D5C6 5C48 755A 03C4 314C
- Jabber/XMPP – firstname.lastname@example.org | OTR: 15D78518 A3F8D5AB 85F553B6 057B2866 202CB196
- Keybase – keybase.io/seandiggity
- Github – seandiggity
- GNU Social – seandiggity
- pump.io – email@example.com
- MakeHaven – makehaven.org/members